Yields about 4 dozen cookies
1 cup of butter
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt (optional;do not use if using salted butter)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups oats (quick)
1 1/2 cups chopped chocolate chips (Ghirardelli or equivalent)
1. Heat oven to 325°F.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars with electric mixer until creamy.
Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
3. In a separate bowl sift the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt(optional);
4. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix with electric mixer; Add oats and chopped chocolate chips to the mixture;
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool on sheet for a little and transfer to a baking rack. Note: cookies will continue to cook on the sheet
Store cookies in an air tight container for prolonged freshness